Monday, March 19, 2012

Songs that "get" me

You know that song?  You know, the one where the whole world around you stops and you are completely absorbed by the sound of the song?  No matter what is going on, you could just, I don't know, cry?  It's dangerous when you think about it, really! I thought I would share some of the songs that have that effect on me.  They are all totally random, but they just get me.
"High and Dry" by Radiohead.  This is my long-time, all-time favorite song.  Not sure what it is, but it gets me every time. Everything is alright in the world when I hear this.

"Loro" by Pinback.

"The Only Living Boy in New York" by Simon and Garfunkel.  Ahhhh, I love this.


"Save a Prayer" by Duran Duran.  I told you these were going to be totally random and out of nowhere guys. I had never actually watched the music video until now.  The 80's were great.  This video is full of slow-mo, aerial views, and singing while gazing out of billowy curtains.  Epic?

"Company Calls Epilogue" by Death Cab for Cutie.  I got to see this one performed live, and I cried.  I cried at a concert.  It was very silly, but I loved it.

"A Day in the Life" The Beatles.  Favorite Beatles song, period.

I'll stop here, before this gets out of hand.  I could go on.  And on.

Love Jenn xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment